Becoming A Patriot
You’re just 10 steps away from starting your Patriot story!
JC accepts students who are motivated to meet the rigor of college-prep work, eager to learn and succeed in an academic environment and whose personal qualities make them a good fit for our community. High school candidates are evaluated on:
- Middle school performance including academics, conduct and attendance
- Standardized test scores
- Teacher recommendations
- Performance on the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
But that’s not all we consider. We know each student is more than a sum of grades and scores. That’s why we interview each applicant and their family – to look for what’s not on your transcript. We want students who can show that they’re willing to lead; who seek to collaborate when solving problems; who incorporate critical thinking; who see strength in diverse perspectives and most of all, who can maximize every opportunity to create their own Patriot story and make their mark on the world.
- (Optional) Submit an Inquiry. Let our Admissions Team know you’re interested in learning more about JC!
- Create Your Admissions Profile. Set up a John Carroll account to access the Admissions Portal if you do not have a sibling currently enrolled at JC.
- Register for a Shadow Day. Come see firsthand what it means to be a Patriot.
- Register for the High School Placement (HSPT) test (incoming freshmen only; not required for transfer students). Test date at John Carroll is December 1, 2018, although applicants may test at any location. In the case of student illness or other extenuating circumstances, prospective students can sign up for a make-up HSPT. Please contact the Admissions office at 410.838.8333 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the make-up date.
- Fill Out the Family Information Form in the Admissions Portal. We want to get to know about your family as part of the application process!
- Submit the Online Application. Complete your application, including any additional applications for special programs, and pay the $50 application fee by December 14, 2018, for best consideration for merit scholarships.
- Request Your Records. Download John Carroll’s Request for Records form if matriculating from a school not affiliated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore; if you attend an AoB Catholic School, indicate John Carroll as a choice to your current school guidance counselor. Be sure all records arrive by the December 14 application deadline.
- Submit Your Financial Aid Application. Visit FACTS Management Company website to submit your Financial Aid Application, if desired, by December 21, 2018. You will also need to email your 2017 and 2018 1040 and W-2 tax forms to our Finance Office.
- Schedule an Interview. Schedule your parent and student personal meeting/interview with our Admissions department; you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up. This on-campus, personal meeting will take place in January and is a chance for the Admissions team to spend time learning more about the applicant and their family and answer any additional questions about our school. Interviews for special program applicants will also be conducted on the same day as the family meeting. Parents will get the opportunity to tour the school and sit in on a financial aid information session.
- Complete Enrollment Contract. Upon acceptance, complete the contract provided to admitted students no later than March 08, 2019. The Admissions Committee will review all applications by mid-January. Acceptance packets will be mailed on February 20, 2019 and will include admission decision letters, scholarship awards and special program acceptance. JC will also send an acceptance email on February 21, 2019 to the parent email addresses provided on the application. This email only contains acceptance decisions.
Please note that students who are also applying for acceptance to special academic programs may need to complete additional recommendations.
Be sure to view the Visiting John Carroll page of this website for more information on upcoming admissions events including Open House, Welcome Wednesday, Patriot Perspective, A Closer Look and more!